Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Finally....a post from the West Coast.

So I've not been incredibly diligent about posting since I've moved out West. My excuse is that I've been too busy getting settled and aclimatised. Living on the Pacific truly does inspire me to cook more as the food is fresher, the air is NOT smoggy and the days seem longer. Although things seem more expensive over here, I think the quality is worth it.

Anyhow, here are some pictures of my recent culinary adventures.
Last weekend, I went to the Farmers Market in the West End and got some amazing tomatoes. The only problem is - they do not last that long as they are organic. So....I chopped up the tomatoes, threw them in with some onions, cilantro and an avocado......mixed it around with a 20 spiced salt from Mexico and some lime...and voila. Lunch was served. I just love the fresh taste of summer on my quinoa bread.

Quinoa bread. Yes. I said it. I don't really think it's all that great as it's incredibly airy and crunchy which is not what you think bread should taste like.

Next.....my obsession with Kale Chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment